We are excited to invite you to the 2017 VHSA Homeschool Conference and Book Sale! Tickets for the whole day are just $15 to admit one participant and free spouse. (Lunch can be added for $8.50 per person) Shopping in the used book and vendor halls are free to anyone without attending the conference. One Grandparent may also attend with a registered participant, but must fill out a signed registration form at the door. Please purchase a separate meal ticket for the Free Grandparent in advance by contacting us, or through Eventbrite below:
Or to save the online processing fees, you can (click for link –>) print a registration form (one for each person attending) and mail it to:
VHSA, PO Box 1028, Scottsbluff, NE 69363-1028
Like our conference page on Facebook for promotions and updates!
Our Keynote Speaker will be Kathryn Porter:
“Kathryn Porter is the author of Too Much Stuff: De-cluttering Your Heart and Home (Beacon Hill, 2006). She is a frequent guest of TV and radio shows across the country. A home educator of child with Autism, she offers workshops on special needs awareness and de-cluttering. She received her Master’s degree in Special Education from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.”
We will also have several workshops and a vendor hall, as well as a book sale and goodie bags.
- Special Needs Homeschooling: Katheryn Porter
- Purposeful Planning, Mindy Lively
- Christian Worldview, Marlaina Seay
- Home Organization Workshop: Katheryn Porter
- A Dad’s Role in Homeschooling: Matt Haas
- Transcripts Bootcamp with Lyn Carradine
Stay tuned as we announce the vendors on this event page. Current vendor list includes:
- Classical Conversations
- Usborne Books
- Discovery Toys
- Fair Trade Friday/Mercy House
- NCHEA: Nebraska Christian Home Education Association
- Student Exchange Opportunities
- Summit Christian College
- Katheryn Porter
- Simply Fun
- Camp Rock
- Mercy House
- Frontier School of the Bible
- Used Book Tables
- Entrepreneurial Co-op Class students will have their prototype products for sale.
Register early for Free Raffle tickets! We will be raffling several amazing gifts, including:
- a Fair Trade Friday Box,
- a Drone valued at $50,
- a book from Classical Conversations,
- and 5 pampering gift baskets full of goodies including the book Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie and a Cappuccino & Co. gift card!
Tickets can be purchased at the door for $1 each or $10 for 12 tickets
You can pack your own lunch for the day or leave campus and get lunch locally, or we can have lunch there and ready for you if you purchase the optional lunch ticket. This lunch ticket would include a Beef BBQ sadwich, served with chips, baked beans, potato salad and coffee or iced tea, all for $8.50. Must be reserved a week before the conference. Not available to walk-up attendees.
We will also be having a used curriculum sale! If you have books to sell, here’s what you need to know: